Just about 3 days ago, the new WordPress 3.4 Green has been released. I was waiting for it for a long time and I was excited to upgrade it immediately. However, after the upgrade, I began encounter an issue.
This is the message it show everytime when I trid to login to my administrator control panel.
No Update Required
Your WordPress database is already up-to-date!
I then workup for the problem and I open a thread on WordPress forum ‘Unable login admin‘ to seek the help from other WordPress users. But I was still working on whatever I can, and after a couple hours I successful to solved the problem.
Here is the solutions that you should try and it should solve your problem most of the time.
Before you start, please download wordpress 3.4 from wordpress.org (.zip or .tar.gz), and upload it into your hosting file manager and unzip it first. Then:
- Delete the ‘wp-admin‘ folder in your current blog folder, and replace with the unzip ‘wp-admin‘. Now try again to open or login, if it doesn’t help, please go to second step.
- Delete the ‘wp-includes‘ folder in your current blog folder, and replace with the unzip ‘wp-includes‘. Now try again to open or login, if it doesn’t help, please go to second step.
- Backup your ‘wp-config.php‘ in your current blog folder and replace with the unzip ‘wp-config.php‘ and DO NOT forget to make the appropriate settings and adjustment. (MySQL settings and Authentication Unique Keys and Salts)
If above 3 steps still not helps, please seek professional assistance from WordPress forum. There have a lots of experience and skill users are ready to help.
If you think it’s theme related, then you can try the following 2 solutions:
- Change your theme to the original wordpress theme, like twentyten or twentyeleven, then again switch back to your previous theme or stay with them.
- Login to your hosting file manager or use FTP, rename your current them in /blog-path/wp-content/themes/your-theme-name to your-theme-name-backup and reupload the original unmodified theme (your-them-name), then try again.
Beside that, you may try to deactivate all plugins and try again, if your problem solve, then again reactivate 1 by 1 to determine which plugin(s) cause the error.
I hope this article help you solve your problem and error. If you’ve other solutions, please don’t forget to share it with us. 🙂