When your individual income is equal or more than RM25,501 (after EPF deduction), you has to register a tax file.
And below is the Income Tax Rates for Assessment Year 2009.
|Calculations (RM)||Rate %||Tax(RM)|
|0-2500||On the First 2,500||0||0|
|5,001-10,000||On the First 5,000
|10,001-20,000||On the First 10,000
|20,001-35,000||On the First 20,000
|35,001-50,000||On the First 35,000
|50,001-70,000||On the First 50,000
|70,001-100,000||On the First 70,000
|100,001-150,000||On the First 100,000
|150,001-250,000||On the First 150,000
|More than 250,000||On the First 250,000
Your Responsibility as a taxpayer:
- Obtaining and forwarding Income Tax Return Form (ITRF) and submit the ITRF that has been duly completed before 30th April every year.
- Declaring income and claiming expenses.
- Computing income tax payable.
- Keeping records for audit purposes.
- Paying the income tax payable.
To do so, you must know how to declare your income in the income tax form BE 2009 – Employment and Other Income (Does Not Carry on Business).
Yesterday we told you earning from oversea and internet is exempted from tax, and tomorrow we will show you what kind of earnings you have to pay tax.